Fundamental concepts – Part 5
This week we continue using the theme connected with performance specifications in your role as a supplier to clients. More specifically, we start looking at labelling requirements & finished product specifications.
Product Specification & Labeling:
- Have we got the correct safety data sheets (SDS) or technical data sheets (TDS) which can be supplied to the client?
- Have we supplied the client with an operating manual and do these instructions include safe disposal at the end of the product’s life cycle? This applies to equipment as well as chemicals that may be sold as part of the technical support in a contract.
- Prior to full hand-over & sign off by the client have we provided training for the client’s employees? This is particularly important where environmental health & safety criteria may be involved.
- Do we use a hand-over & sign off agreement with the client and does this document clearly specify your willingness to provide the special quality of service that makes your organisation stand out from its competitors?
- Have we completed final checks on the product to ensure it meets legislative requirements?
- Is the product correctly labelled for compliance with any transportation requirements & standards?